Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday Thoughts.

I hope you've all had a nice weekend and a good start of the week. Daniel and I spent the weekend at my dad's house. He lives in an old cottage (from 1909) about two hours from here. It was a nice and relaxing weekend. For today's post I thought I would write a little about what's been on my mind lately:



1. I've been starting to drink tea again lately (I'm not sure why and when I stopped). I've also realized that there's a big difference between different teas (I guess I knew that before but I didn't care). 
2. Why do you always find the best thrift stores in the country side? My dad lived really close to one of the best thrift store I've ever been to. It was a huge place and they had so much good stuff! I got the old beer bottle and lantern in the picture above (I've been looking for a lantern like that for ages).
3. Daniel and I have decided to not travel to the states for our summer vacation this year. It feels a bit weird because we've been doing that for the past six summers. But I'm also pretty excited because I know we'll have a great time roadtrippin' through Europe. We're mainly going to spend time in Germany, Austria, Slovenia and France. It's going to be awesome.

4 comments:

  1. That lamp is gorgeous. Your holiday sounds amazing!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet countryside thrift stores are better because people donate better stuff and fewer people buy from there! Wow I hadn't realised you guys had been going ot the US for the past 6 years. Your Europe road trip sounds amazing, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, roadtriiiip! It sounds exciting, I had one of my best summers while roadtripping through Europe.. though, I did "interrailing" which was pretty relaxed to be honest.

    That lantern looks really cool by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teas really ARE different! You are so lucky to live just a couple hours from your dad. 1909?! Wow.Yes, I find the best antique and thrift stores out in the middle of nowhere. It's like I have the same taste as people who live out there as opposed to the cities. Your summer sounds incredible! I'd love to go to those places! I've only been to France out of the places you're going. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete